Saint Pedro Poveda College
The Teresian Association is an international association of lay men and women called together to make Jesus present in today's world. Founded in 1911 by Saint Pedro Poveda, It is committed to transform society through the promotion of Gospel values.
Formerly Poveda Learning Center, the heritage of Saint Pedro Poveda College stems back to 1960 when Institucion Teresiana School was opened. The school first offered Kindergarten and Primary classes, and began offering Preschool, Elementary and High School Education by 1969.
By December 3, 1974, during the birth centennial celebration of Saint Pedro Poveda, Institucion Teresiana changed its name to Poveda Learning Center as a fitting tribute to him. That same year, UNESCO honored Pedro Poveda as "Humanist and Educator".
As a response to the call to contribute to the transformation of Philippine Society, two degree programs in the field of education and business administration with various areas of specialization are being offered, effective AY 2005-2006. With the expansion into tertiary education, the name of the school has been changed to Saint Pedro Poveda College.